So whats the latest!
- FY14 Fiscal year is closed all payments have been made to all schools who met the August 15th deadline to claim.
- FY16 GATEWAY TO TECHNOLOGY Supplemental Grant proposals are due January 31, you can get the FY16 RFP by following this link: FY16 Gateway to Technology RFP
- The Federal Monitoring Review is complete!
- FY15 Approval letters are out for all applications that have been fully reviewed. IF you have received your approval letter, check your Specific Comments section to see if there are any revisions required, and please note all due dates for FY15.
- Impact budgets have been activated UNLESS your grant required a revision, Impact will only be activated when all conditions of approval have been met.
- If no revisions are required on your grant; CLAIMS should be submitted by now. Please strive to have at least one claim requested by January 31.
The more claims we pay prior to March 2015 the faster you’ll receive final payments at the end of the school year!
Impact only works if everyone does their part, so log in now (Impact Link) and check the status of your budgets, claims and revisions! Need help in Impact? Click here for the tutorials and other resources!
Who Do I Contact for Technical Assistance?
With the organizational changes that have occurred at the agency the Federal Legislation Division would like to update you on your contact points for the coming fiscal year.
- For a up to date list on FLA contacts please follow the link below, for school list and associated FLA representative.
Did You Know…?
This year we’re seeing less intentional connectivity in the SECONDARY applications to their technology centers. Remember that in order to be in compliance with the requirements of Perkins funding, the program of study (not the same as a plan of study) should include courses that lead a student to a credential, licensure, certificate, or degree. Continued emphasis will be placed on this requirement in FY16, partnerships between secondary, tech centers, and community colleges need to be clear and intentional if planning to request funding in FY16.
Did You Know…?
Special Populations (secondary and postsecondary) are not just academically disadvantaged (special education)? Here are the categories as included in the Perkins legislation:
- individuals with disabilities;
- individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including foster children;
- individuals preparing for nontraditional fields;
- single parents, including single pregnant women;
- displaced homemakers; and
- individuals with limited English proficiency
Enjoy the holidays and time spent with family and friends…