This year we have 6 unique opportunities for possible supplemental funding. As in previous years these grants are awarded on a competitive basis. There is no limit to how many of these grants you can apply for but only the most innovative, data driven, and student centered applications will be awarded funding.
The six categories for this fiscal year are listed below:
1. Career Guidance and Advisement
- The goal of the career guidance grant is to help improve guidance and counseling programs
- The High Growth and Emerging Technologies grant supports the development and implementation of high-tech, high-wage Career Academies, Career Majors or relevant activities that support and align with local, state, and national industry existing and emerging workforce needs .
3. Rigorous Programs of Study
- The Moving from Programs of Study to Rigorous Programs of Study grant is intended to support local schools/consortium in improving the quality of career and technical education instruction provided to secondary and post secondary students. The grant promotes and improves local development and implementation of rigorous programs of study.
4. Tech Now
- The Tech Now grant supports the implementation of Tech-Now classes for students with varying types of disabilities to explore careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
5. Summer Bridge
- The Summer Bridge grant supports school improvement initiatives aimed at
the development and implementation of Summer Bridge Programs to help entering
ninth-grade students who need additional instruction to succeed in high school.
6. Post Secondary Transitions
- The Post Secondary Transitions grant supports school improvement efforts aimed at increasing the number of Oklahoma CTE students who pursue and complete post secondary credentials, licensure, and degrees which are critical to the state’s economic vitality and growth.
If you have any questions concerning the application process or would like more information on any of these grants please feel free to contact the Federal Legislation Assistance Division of the Oklahoma State Department of Career and Technical Education.